The House of Peacock first opened its doors on February 9, 1837, the same year Chicago (population 4,000) was incorporated as a city. From its inception, C.D.Peacock has had a long and illustrious history.

Click here to learn more about C.D.Peacock's history.

1837

Lake Street, Chicago February 9th, 1837.

click to enlarge
1849

The growth of Chicago's business district in the '40's is indicated by the fact that, whereas in 1843 Peacock's jewelry store had moved from 155 1/2 to 195 Lake Street, by 1849 it was found at 199 Randolph Street.

click to enlarge
1871

Chicago fire ravages the city; the vault is all that survives the fire.

click to enlarge
1926

Chicago - Her History and Her Adornment by Mabel Mc Ilvaine

click to enlarge
1927

The new C.D.Peacock store at State and Monroe before opening its doors.

click to enlarge
1927

Verde Antico Serpentine marble walls imported from Greece behind the Sterling Silver giftware cases in 1927.click to enlarge

1952

C.D.Peacock store in La Grange Park in 1952.

click to enlarge
1955

Exterior view of the Hubbard Woods store in 1955.

click to enlarge
1957

C.D.Peacock store in Old Orchard in 1957.

click to enlarge
1957

Exterior view of the Old Orchard store in 1957.

click to enlarge
1962

C.D.Peacock original Oakbrook location in 1962.

click to enlarge
1962

C.D.Peacock exterior of the original Oakbrook store in 1962.

click to enlarge
1965

Charles D. Peacock III pictured center with mayor Richard J. Daley in 1965.

click to enlarge
1968

C.D.Peacock's first Michigan Ave. store in 1968.

click to enlarge